Date:      Thu, 24 May 2007 15:34:25 -0400
From:      Lewis Kapell <lkapell@setonhome.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   difficulty using pkg_add on 6.0 system

Greetings,

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did search the archives but
couldn't find the information I need.

I have a 6.0 system that was installed with the minimum of optional
packages.  I want to install cvsup so that I can update my ports tree.
Trying to use pkg_add to install cvsup, I get the following message:

Error: FTP Unable to get
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-6.0-release/Latest/wget.tbz:
File unavailable

Looking at ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/ I see that
there is no longer a directory for 6.0-release.

What do I need to do to get an updated ports tree?  Should I set
PACKAGESITE so that pkg_add can work?  And if so, what value should I
give it?  Or do I need to go in another direction?

Thanks in advance.

--

Thank you,

Lewis Kapell