Date:      Tue, 7 May 2002 01:53:57 +0100 (BST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?andrew=20mejia?= <mejia_bsd@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netatalk  -  sharing UNIX to Mac clients

 --- Bob Bishop <rb@gid.co.uk> wrote: > Hi,

> At 08:37 03/05/02 +0100, andrew mejia wrote:
> >anyone ever configure/install/use netatalk on their
> >BSD/Solaris machines?
>
> We run netatalk on both FreeBSD 4.x and Solaris 8.
> By and large it 'just
> works'. Build with gcc 2.95 (not 3.x) to avoid
> problems on Solaris.
[andrew]$  Bob, thanks for your reply.  i do
appreciate
your input.

Unfortunately, Alfred Perlstein, whoever he is,  says
the following:
1) This doesn't belong on -hackers.
[andrew]$ what does it belong on? (ok, -questions.)

2) Don't attempt to start a new thread by replying to
an old message unless you know to obliterate the In-
Reply-To header.
[andrew]$ ok.

3) This is a FreeBSD list, please don't solicit advice
for other operating systems on it.
[andrew]$ hmmm...  i see, we can't learn anything from
users of other OS's.  Alfred, did you notice that many
users of this list cite 'Linux' in their responses?

3) Please try -questions for your freebsd specific
questions.
[andrew]$ ok.  i'm outta here.

[andrew]$ BTW, your attitude ever so *SLIGHTLY*
reminds
me of the largely pretentious and cryptic LINUX
community.  let's not all get too big for our
britches,
eh?