Date:      Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:15:18 -0500
From:      Tim Kellers <timothyk@wallnet.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mars software update 01 and 02 for FreeBSD 5.2

Updates 01 and 02 are now available.  They work just dandy on FreeBSD 5.2.

http://eris.njit.edu/~maestro

Download jpl.tar.gz (the maestro viewer)

Download Maestro-Update01-LinuxAndSolaris.tar.gz (and gunzip and tar-xf it
one directory above your extracted JPL folder)

Download Maestro-Update02-LinuxAndSolaris.tar.gz (and gunzip and tar-xf it
one directory above your extracted JPL folder)

Opportunity will soon be knocking on the rocky Martian surface...

The Maestro software (written by the folks at the JPL) requires Linux
emulation on FreeBSD 5.2.  See the README at:

http://eris.njit.edu/~maestro

I haven't been able to get maestro to run under 4.9, but (I think) it is
because of java3d's general discomfort with being installed in 4.x.

Tim Kellers
CPE/NJIT