Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 2002 17:00:48 +0200
From:      "Patrick Holahan" <patrick@sdn.co.za>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Exporting a variable on login

Hi guys & gals..

I'm trying to get cvs to work on my BSD 4.6-RELEASE system.. and I'd like to
make it easier to use for the clients loggin on.
So what I'd like to do is set the CVSROOT variable to /usr/local/cvsroot

However, when I try set this in .profile like so:

CVSROOT=/usr/local/cvsroot; export CVSROOT
It doesn't work

The same if I set that in .login
Or .shrc

Can anyone tell me where I need to place this information to get it exported
and stay exported whenever anyone logs in to the system?

Thanks in advance
-ph