Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 16:42:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      robert bowen <robert@braingarage.com>
To:        FreeBSD-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   ESS Solo-1 cards revisited

I noticed that there were some posts on this subject
from back in December - does anyone know if there has
been any progress on a driver for this chip? I have all
the docs that I could find but none are very good. I
also see that NetBSD has support for this sound card,
and at least their source has great comments. I am not
experienced enough to do the port myself, but if
someone  would be willing to help code I can test -- I
have a small hack that makes the board probe as a SB Pro
that I got from Steve O'Hara-Smith on the FreeBSD-mobile
list, but unfortunately the DAC still doesn't work. Any
takers?

Robert