Date:      Thu, 8 Mar 2001 01:21:48 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Kris Kirby <kris@catonic.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CVSup beginner - missing ports?

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > This works for updating the source to -STABLE, but I'm missing ports. I've
> > rm -rf'd /usr/ports and it hasn't been replaced. What, pray tell, is the
> > magic incantation to make the -STABLE ports tree?
>
> See /usr/share/examples/cvsup
>
> Kris

> P.S. There isn't a -STABLE ports tree, there's just one tree which
> supports both -stable and -current.

This was the most enlightening bit of wisdom in the message; that one
little glimmer...

Upon futher inspection, I came to realize that the correct tag for the
ports tree is (in this case) "tag=.". The -STABLE tree is
(also in this case) "tag=RELENG_4".  If only this answer popped up more
often in the search than the "Go stare at these files" answer.

-----
<kris@nospam.catonic.net>   |