Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 97 14:36:59 -0500
From:      Stefan Veith <stefan.veith@mail.online-club.de>
To:        "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   compiling kernel

-- [ From: Stefan Veith * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

I have got one problem: whenever I try to compile my kernel this error
message appears on my screen:
 ../../kern/vfs_syscalls.c :  In function 'rmdir':
 ../../kern/vfs_syscalls.c :  2038 :  'UIO_USERSPACE' undeclared (first use
this function)
 /* (something like this but at least a dozen of them) */

I do not understand where the mistake in my kernel could be.
If you want to have a look on the kernel file, here my present configuration
and this file:

- 486DX/40-VL
- GD5428 (Cirrus-Logic-1M-VL-graphic card)
- IDE (on-board-controller) with two Seagate disks (208M, 1080M)
- 12M RAM
- Mozart sound card
- 16.3 Teles.ISDN-Karte (German ISDN card)

I would be very happy if you could correct the mistakes I did in the
configuration file, because I urgently need the ISDN support.

And this is the kernel:

machine                "i386"
cpu            	"I486_CPU"
ident          	"K1"
maxusers       	20

options                SYSVSHM        	 	#Irgendein Spiechermanager
options                INET                	   	 #InterNETworking
options                FFS                 	   	 #Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options                MSDOSFS         		#MSDOS Filesystem
options                "CD9660"             	 	  #ISO 9660 Filesystem
options                "COMPAT_43"           	  #Compatible with BSD 4.3
options                BOUNCE_BUFFERS 	 #include support for DMA bounce
buffers
options                UCONSOLE               	 #Allow users to grab the
console
options                FAILSAFE                	#Be conservative
options                USERCONFIG              	#boot -c editor
options                VISUAL_USERCONFIG       	#visual boot -c editor

config         kernel  root on wd0

controller     isa0

controller     fdc0    at isa? port "IO_FD1" bio irq 6 drq 2 vector fdintr
disk           fd0     at fdc0 drive 0

controller     wdc0    at isa? port "IO_WD1" bio irq 14 vector wdintr
disk           wd0     at wdc0 drive 0
disk           wd1     at wdc0 drive 1

options                ATAPI                 	    #Enable ATAPI support for
IDEbus
options                ATAPI_STATIC            #Don't do it as an LKM

device         scd0    at isa? port 0x340 bio

device         sc0     at isa? port "IO_KBD" tty irq 1 vector scintr

device         npx0    at isa? port "IO_NPX" irq 13 vector npxintr

device         sio0    at isa? port "IO_COM1" tty irq 4 vector siointr
device         sio1    at isa? port "IO_COM2" tty irq 3 vector siointr
device         sio2    at isa? disable port "IO_COM3" tty irq 5 vector
siointr
device         sio3    at isa? disable port "IO_COM4" tty irq 9 vector
siointr
device         lpt0    at isa? port? tty irq 7 vector lptintr
device         lpt1    at isa? port? tty

device         mse0    at isa? port 0x23c tty irq 5 vector mseintr

pseudo-device  log
pseudo-device  sl      1
pseudo-device  pty     16
pseudo-device  gzip            # Exec gzipped a.out's

# BiSDn Einstellungen:
controller      tel0 at isa? port 0xe80 net irq 10 vector telintr
pseudo-device   disdn
pseudo-device   isdn
pseudo-device   ipi     4
pseudo-device   itel    2