Date:      Tue,  6 Jun 2000 08:40:24 -0700 (MST)
From:      chris@aepnet.com (chris reaume)
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   sysinstall and fdisk/disklabel..

all the discussion of changing defaults for disklabel made me think of
something..  would it be possible to detect if the beginning of the root
partition was past (or near) the 1024 cylinder boundary?  took me a while
last time to figure out I just needed to "boot0cfg -B -o packet da0"..  see,
it's my bad habit of putting swap partitions first on disk, as someone once
told me that was faster (like I said, just a habit now)..  well, this was
always fine until I did it on the server at work with 512 mb of ram, never
thinking once of the cylinder boundary issues..  anway, just an idea,
dunno what the insides of fdisk or disklabel look like, so I have no idea
how feasable it is, but anyway..

thanks,
   chris

p.s. I'm working on my own web based email thing, so if this message
looks weird for some reason, that's probably why and let me know :)