Date:      Tue, 16 May 2000 20:32:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nate Puri <natepuri@office.ompages.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, undrgrid@undergrid.net
Subject:   4.0 will not send out UDP packets

Hi all,

I've been having a number of problems with this 4.0 install.

I'm running a program called ompages-dhid.  It's a rewrite of the
dhid.org client and server.

My partner actually wrote it.  He's a linux programmer and is trying to
get this to work on free and open bsds... The openbsd port works fine,
but the freebsd-4.0 port will not log to syslog, nor will it send out
udp packets to server daemon.

I'm getting the following messages.

'icmp-response bandwidth limit 350/200 pps'
'inetd[370] warning: can't get client address: Connection reset by peer'
'rlogind[370]: Can't get peer name of remote host: Socket is not
connected'

Any ideas.  I could really use some help on this source code.  If you
can help me; I'll send you the source... it's open so that is not a
problem.. Thanks...

-nate

--
Nate Puri, President		Installation, Administration, Security
BankofData.net (not yet live)	and Support for Home and Small Networks...