Date:      13 Jun 2002 12:43:02 -0000
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@online.fr>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/39228: native port of vsound 0.5

>Number:         39228
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       native port of vsound 0.5
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD bluerondo.lpt.ens.fr 4.6-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 4.6-PRERELEASE #2: Mon May 13 23:33:36 CEST 2002 root@bluerondo.a.la.turk:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BLUERONDO i386

	Currently there is an audio/linux-vsound port in the FreeBSD
	ports, which is somewhat old.  I find that vsound compiles
	natively on FreeBSD without patches, so I'm submitting the port.

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

# This is a shell archive.  Save it in a file, remove anything before
# this line, and then unpack it by entering "sh file".  Note, it may
# create directories; files and directories will be owned by you and
# have default permissions.
#
# This archive contains:
#
#	vsound
#	vsound/pkg-plist
#	vsound/pkg-descr
#	vsound/pkg-comment
#	vsound/distinfo
#	vsound/Makefile
#
echo c - vsound
mkdir -p vsound > /dev/null 2>&1
echo x - vsound/pkg-plist
sed 's/^X//' >vsound/pkg-plist << 'END-of-vsound/pkg-plist'
Xbin/vsound
Xlib/vsound/libvsound.so
Xlib/vsound/libvsound.la
Xshare/doc/vsound/README
X@dirrm lib/vsound
X@dirrm share/doc/vsound
END-of-vsound/pkg-plist
echo x - vsound/pkg-descr
sed 's/^X//' >vsound/pkg-descr << 'END-of-vsound/pkg-descr'
XThis program allows you to record the output of any standard OSS
Xprogram (one that uses /dev/dsp for sound) without having to modify or
Xrecompile the program.  It uses the same idea as the esddsp wrapper
Xfrom the Enlightened Sound Daemon (in fact, vsound is based on
Xesddsp).  That is, it preloads a library that intercepts calls to open
X/dev/dsp, and instead returns a handle to a normal file.  It also
Xintercepts ioctl's on that file handle and logs them, to help convert
Xthe audio data from its raw form.  Vsound then uses sox to convert the
Xraw data to the desired file format.
XThe upshoot of this is that instead of playing sound to the sound card
Xin your computer, the data is recorded to a file.  This is similar to
Xif you connected a loopback cable to the line in and line out jacks on
Xyour sound card, but no DA or AD conversions take place, so quality is
Xnot lost.
XErik de Castro Lopo  <erikd@zip.com.au>
XWWW:	http://www.zip.com.au/~erikd/vsound/
END-of-vsound/pkg-descr
echo x - vsound/pkg-comment
sed 's/^X//' >vsound/pkg-comment << 'END-of-vsound/pkg-comment'
XUtility for capturing audio streams from programs with OSS output
END-of-vsound/pkg-comment
echo x - vsound/distinfo
sed 's/^X//' >vsound/distinfo << 'END-of-vsound/distinfo'
XMD5 (vsound-0.5.tar.gz) = 77016cfa2c3ba45d051881051a75ac06
END-of-vsound/distinfo
echo x - vsound/Makefile
sed 's/^X//' >vsound/Makefile << 'END-of-vsound/Makefile'
X# New ports collection makefile for:   linux-vsound
X# Date created:        13 June 2002
X# Whom:                Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@online.fr>
X#
X# $FreeBSD$
X#
XPORTNAME=	vsound
XPORTVERSION=	0.5
XCATEGORIES=	audio
XMASTER_SITES=	http://www.zip.com.au/~erikd/vsound/
XMAINTAINER=	rsidd@online.fr
XRUN_DEPENDS=	sox:${PORTSDIR}/audio/sox/
XGNU_CONFIGURE=	yes
Xpost-install:
X.if !defined(NOPORTDOCS)
X	${MKDIR} ${PREFIX}/share/doc/vsound
X	${INSTALL_MAN} ${WRKSRC}/README ${PREFIX}/share/doc/vsound
X.endif
X.include <bsd.port.mk>
END-of-vsound/Makefile
exit