Date:      Sun, 12 Mar 2000 07:46:30 +0100
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely.de>
To:        Cliff Rowley <dozprompt@onsea.com>
Cc:        Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely5.cicely.de>, "Nawfal M. Rouyan" <op4l@yahoo.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86-4 can't start

On Sun, Mar 12, 2000 at 02:30:46AM +0000, Cliff Rowley wrote:
> Two things, I know it's silly, but I might as well ask:
>
> 1) Did you install XFree86 4 over an old XFree86?  If so, did you ask it
> specifically to make and install aout libraries (re: __Xglobal_lock) - the
> aout libraries arent built by default.

Yes - I installed it over an existing and running 3.9.17.
But this itself was installed over an older version so the aout libs I
was using might be older.
Yes - I build with aout libs - and I checked that they are installed.
I asume if I had keeped my old it would still working...

> 2) Are you using a completely new XFree86 configuration file?  The
> configuration has changed since 3.x

Yes - The configuration has even changed from 3.9.17 slightly :(

> I realise they are silly points, but easy mistakes to make nonetheless.

Of course.
But the mouse_dev.o was definitely not build - the directory even contained
no Makefile.

--
B.Walter                  COSMO-Project              http://www.cosmo-project.de
ticso@cicely.de             Usergroup                info@cosmo-project.de