Date:      Sun, 04 Jan 1998 18:51:04 +0000
From:      Jim Joseph <jim@basil.stthom.edu>
To:        sweettr2@interaccess.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HELP!!!!!!

What IP address/router/DNS are you using. Do the IP/Subnet mask/ and
Router address sync. IE Are they in the same subnet:

IP -205.240.148.159
Mask- 255.255.255.0
Router- 205.240.148.3

this is probably a bad example since it is the one I'm currently using
but it should give you an idea of what to look for.

As for Disk format check:

http://www.freebsd.org/tutorial/diskformat

the way I hooked in my Second drive was pretty simple(works with zip as
well):

/stand/sysinstall
Go to Index 0
go to Fdisk (make sure you choose the correct disk)
create the partition like you did in the install
Write the Changes and select the Bootmanager stuff
Select the same drive
Label it and choose a mount point (ie /usr2)
To format the drive make sure the newfs tag is on
Write the changes

When it is done you should exit the sysinstall utility and the drive
should be ready for use. Make sure the apporiate line is in the fstab.
In case you should ever reboot(I believe it does this as well-Anybody?)