Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2002 00:47:46 +0100
From:      Ivan Krstic <ike@gnjilux.srk.fer.hr>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   process creation and deletion

Hi all,

I'm looking at implementing some extra security checks for all dying and
newly spawned processes. It looks to me like the function that must be
called for all process deaths is exit1() in kern_exit.c, and that new
processes must be spawned by either execve() in kern_exec.c or fork1()
in kern_fork.c. Have I missed any, or are these three functions the only
ways processes can come into existence and die?

Thanks,
Ivan