Date:      Sun, 07 Jun 1998 10:51:00 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Malte Lance <malte@webmore.com>
To:        FreeBSD User <bsduser@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, flashlight@swn.de
Subject:   RE: the maschines stops too long while ...

On 06-Jun-98 FreeBSD User wrote:
> This usually happens to me when I am not connected to my network and I
> boot.  I just do a CTRL+C to get past it.

Don't do that !!! It may happen that you kick off the script instead
of just sendmail, which means that just some parts of the script
will be executed.
Better setup your /etc/hosts file and change the order in /etc/host.conf
to:

 # $Id: host.conf,v 1.2 1993/11/07 01:02:57 wollman Exp $
 # Default is to use the nameserver first
 hosts
 # If that doesn't work, then try the /etc/hosts file
 bind
 # If you have YP/NIS configured, uncomment the next line
 # nis

Malte.

E-Mail: Malte Lance <malte@webmore.com>