Date:      Fri, 01 Mar 2002 12:23:38 -0800
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Joshua T Brandt-- CCC Unix Admin <jbrandt@WPI.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ProFusion chipset

> Are systems using the ProFusion chipset, like the Dell 8450 multi P3Xeon
> systems supported?

Yes.

> We have a budget (for once!), and I'd like to spend it. 8)

IMO, you're better off spending the money on several smaller systems.  I
don't feel that the ProFusion machines scale well, although this is as
much a gut feeling as anything.

--
To announce that there must be no criticism of the president,
or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not