Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 2014 21:56:56 -0700
From:      Craig Leres <leres@ee.lbl.gov>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: death of the Internet predicted.  Film at 11.

I was impacted by this this morning. I had ssh and imaps sessions from
my comcast address at home to a vps at arpnetworks.com and they all died
overnight. But it was a very strange failure. icmp and udp still worked
but tcp couldn't make the round trip. And this was true for several
different cidr's arpnetworks.com has. But everything worked fine from
other locations like from lbl.

TCAM is pretty bizarre; I believe access lists use them and one time Bro
installed too many and overran the TCAM. This was not straight forward
to recover from (e.g. just removing a bunch of ACLs did not unfrob the
router).

		Craig