Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 2000 00:43:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mutexes and semaphores

> Actually, it's been about a year, plus about four and a half of hot air.
> I see and hear a lot of talk.  Who's doing the real work?  Do we see
> Peter, John or Tor, for example, in this windage competition. 8)
>
> Come on folks.  Stick to the topic.

The point that was brought up a little while ago is more germaine to the
discussion:

Is there any documentation regarding the interaction between "lock
manager" and the mutexes? There appears now to be several different
sets of locking code in the kernel and I'm getting thoroughly confused in
my efforts to try 'catch up' with what's going on in the SMP
world..