Date:      Fri, 31 Dec 1999 12:10:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Steve Lewis <nepolon@systray.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sig11 during install w/ sysinstall (was pci problem w/ de0)

trying an ftp install of 3.4-Rel on that machine, now it is an ax0 NIC, so
the unsupported h/w problem is gone, but I have been fighting this other
problem last night and all day today.

I'm getting a segfault from sysinstall whenever I try to do a custom
distribution install.  Is there a known bug or am I cursed?  I managed do
a User install (which I don't want!) but if I try to add distribs w/
sysinstall later it seg faults again.

I have tried changing the options of: which boot-manager (no change or std
mbr), specs for patitions/slices, which NIC I install from (ep0 or ax0),
and other changes as well, but I always get a fatal sig11.

It seg faults as soon as I select "Custom" in the "select distributions"
menu.  I also had it seg fault repeatedly under user/developer at the
point when it is creating /etc/fstab.

--Steve