Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 1997 10:25:30 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Marco Molteni <molter@logic.it>
To:        Amedeo Beck Peccoz <gea@masternet.it>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Samba problems

[feeling a little silly to talk in english with an italian ;-)]

Well, to start with, this surely isn't related to FreeBSD ;-)
In my following remarks I'm supposing that you forgot to start nmbd:

On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, Amedeo Beck Peccoz wrote:

> I can't see Samba server from win95 machines. Note that:

> 2) I've properly installed the server (smbclient runs both from
>    the server and from another unix client);

yes, but smbclient doesn't need nmbd to work.

> 4) NetBEUI has been configured as a win95 protocol;

To be sure that the win machines have all the correct protocols
running, try to export and import a share between two of them.

> 5) nor the command line 'net use' or the gaphical 'connect...' work as
>    they claim that they 'cannot find the server or the service'

Exactly. It seems that you forgot to run nmbd ;-)

>  I do hope someone not on holiday had similar experiences and may help.

Yes, I'm not on holiday :-(((((

Marco Molteni
Computer Science student at the Universita' di Milano, Italy.
"This snakeskin jacket symbolizes my individuality and belief in personal
 freedom".