Date:      24 Feb 1997 09:11:16 -0000
From:      tenser@spitfire.ecsel.psu.edu
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with PPP in -current?

Hey all.  This might have already been asked, but, well, I'm too tired
at this point to really care, and I've been behind on mail...  Has any-
one been having problems with user-land PPP under -current?  Specifically,
is anyone getting a *lot* of SIGSEGV's?  I'm experiencing weird problems
with a 3.0-CURRENT system (with a force'd make world) talking PPP though
a 16550 UART to a USR modem to a telebit netblazer at PSU's comp center.
It's so bad, I can only keep a PPP connection alive for about 5 minutes
before ppp starts eating up CPU time (presumably in signal handers, at
least that's what ktrace says), and I have to kill -9 it.  I'll try look-
ing into the code after my exam tomorrow (today?) but I'd prefer to avoid
duplicating effort if someone is already experiencing similar problems
and working on a fix.  :-)  As a work-around, I think I'll recompile
the kernel with PPP support tomorrow, and set up stuff up to talk to
the comp center through pppd (which I assume isn't going to have as
many problems...  :-)  If anyone has any information, or needs any
more info on my system, please let me know.  Thanks!

	- Dan C.