Date:      Wed, 25 Jan 1995 09:53:25 -0500
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com, mcw@hpato.aus.hp.com
Subject:   Re: news feed over UUCP

> Hi,
>   I wonder has anyone got a working config file(s) for receiving news feed
> over UUCP ? I got mails to work correctly with Taylor 1.05 on 1.1.5.1, and
> I want to get news feed, and use tin as news reader.
>
>   Any advice or tips is appreciated.

 Well - I haven't seen an answer to this question in some time, so I
thought I would offer one.

 The O'Reilly book (part of the nutshell series) "Managing uucp and Usenet"
is an excellent reference manual for setting up and handling News.

 You should be able to order it directly by sending mail to "nuts@ora.com"

	- Dave Rivers -

p.s. I do, in fact, have a full news feed via UUCP on a FreeBSD 2.0 system.
     It's quite doable.