Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 2001 09:24:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      Greg Prosser <greg@straynet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Keeping sync.. automatically.

I currently have 3 active FreeBSD machines on my network, and am looking
for a method of automatically keeping my ports (and/or src) collections
up-to-date. cron'ing a cvsup is definitely a possibility, but I'm
wqondering if there are more graceful options available. Is there a way I
could perhaps set up cvsupd to mirror one of the FreeBSD mirror sites on a
regular basis, thus creating my own up-to-date collection?

I'm looking for ways to keep the outside network traffic down, and
cron'ing cvsup on three machines would definitely cause issues. Can I
perhaps modify some of make.conf and set build directories to /tmp or
something along those lines, then mirror /usr/ports across my machines
(perhaps via nfs?). What are my options? Anyone want to beat me with a
large stick?

/gp

--
              g r e g @ s t r a y n e t . c o m