Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 2002 13:02:08 -0400
From:      Jim Arnold <jarnold@knightridder.com>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>, Lord Raiden <dragoncrest@voyager.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Being a Noob:  Installing Spam Assassin

>A slightly better set up is to run 'spamd' as a long-lived process and
>feed e-mails through it via 'spamc'.
>
>     cd /usr/local/etc/rc.d
>     cp spamd.sh-dist spamd.sh
>     /usr/local/etc/rc.d/spamd.sh start
>
>and add rules like this at the top of your .procmailrc
>
>     :0 fw
>     | spamc
>
>     :0:
>     caughtspam

When I run "spamd.sh start" I get the following error:

spike# ./spamd.sh start
./spamd.sh: Cannot determine the PREFIX

spamd is installed:

spike# which spamd
/usr/local/bin/spamd

If I just try run spamd I get the following error, which I was also
seeing in my maillog
when just using spamassassin -P out of my .procmail file.

)
Failed to run DIFFERENT_REPLY_TO SpamAssassin test, skipping:
         (Can't locate object method "check_for_spam_reply_to" via
package "Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus" (perhaps you forgot to
load "Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus"?) at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Mail/SpamAssassin/PerMsgStatus.pm
line 1701.
)

on line 1701 of the above referenced file I have this:
$result = $self->$evalsub(@args);

When I checked cpan I find that Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus is up to date.

SA is still tagging spam correctly. Another FreeBSD box at work is showing
the same errors. I'm running the lastest SA, procmail and postfix
from the ports.

Thanks for any clues on how to fix this. A thorough Google search didn't
turn up any answers.

Thanks,
Jim