Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 2015 18:15:05 +0100
From:      Remy Nonnenmacher <remy.nonnenmacher@activnetworks.com>
To:        rondzierwa@comcast.net
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sun x4500 and smp

On 03/20/15 18:00, rondzierwa@comcast.net wrote:
> Thank you Remy!   Your recommendation solved the problem.  Its been
> running for over a day now without a single hiccup.
>
> thanks also to everyone else who took time to respond with help and
> suggestions.

I also noticed after some experiencing that you may try to restrict the
stickiness only to the 8 marvell chips and let the other relocate
dynamically but I haven't completed all the tests so I keep bounding to
cpu0.

BTW, the solution was engraved on an old parchmail in the list and, as
for you, it took me weeks to unearth it....

> At the risk of being a bother, were you able to get all four ethernet
> devices working?  on mine, only the first two are working.  the other
> two get errors on ioport allocation.

I confirm only two over the four interfaces are usable. Have not looked
farther.