Date:      Thu, 22 May 1997 14:54:16 -0700
From:      "Jin Guojun[ITG]" <jin@george.lbl.gov>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org, roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
Subject:   Re: Intel Pentium II released

> Cameron Slye wrote:
> > I am doing the make world thing of course...  My last make world tests were
> > on a K6 166, In the end, with it overclocked to 200mhz, it was about 8min
> > slower then the p6-200. (I did not at the time have enought ram, 32mb and

As I tested, K6-200 MHz CPU is equivalent to 300 MHz Pentium CPU in integer
and about 180 MHz Pentium CPU in float instructions. This is because K6 has
a 32-bit FPU and Pentium family has 64-bit FPU.

-Jin

P.S.	32 MB memory is enough for testing "make". I will post a completed
	performance test including FFT test around middle next month.