Date:      Mon, 9 Feb 2004 09:33:00 +0100
From:      "Sjaak Nabuurs" <sjaak@vsm-hosting.nl>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Routing 4 network cards for wireless network

> The Facts :
> OS FreeBSD 5.2 (is it stable for this problem or better to use 4.x)
> With 4 nic's inside

ArGHHHHHHH I tried many ways to get FreeBSD running with 4 nic's
We use Linksys wap4g and extend the poweradapter cable (4mtr) the wap54g on
top of the roof.
That's the reason I didn't get control over the network
Sometimes it works with 2 nic's sometime 3 and I get *&%$#@#$%^&*#
Put on every line a hub/switch and the nic's and FreeBSD box and works like
a sun.
As newbie in FreeBSD i get problems with myself what's wrong !!

With natd and it's great I used 4 years Linux RH but FreeBSD is great.

To all thanks

Sjaak

Make your default gateway 192.168.0.138.
Your easiest option is to enable NATD, make RL0 the natd interface and then
review the /etc/rc.firewall script.
Specifically start with the 'simple' section of the script.
You will need to extend the rules to include all three 'inside' interfaces &
IP ranges.
You will also need to permit any 192.168.0.0/24 traffic through interface
RL0.

Can try looking in the freebsd-ipfw archives as well for some ideas.

Personally I would recommend ipfw2 as it supports many new features.

Regards,

Tony