Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2006 09:04:55 -0700
From:      "pete wright" <nomadlogic@gmail.com>
To:        "Gautham Ganapathy" <gauthamglist@gmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Java applets asking for plugin in firefox

On 4/19/06, Gautham Ganapathy <gauthamglist@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have jdk 1.5 built and installed on my system running 6.0-rel.
> However, when I open a page containing an applet in firefox, i get a
> message saying 'Additional plugins are required to display all the media
> on this page'. o found a similar reports on the net, but no solutions.
> anyone know how to get applets working in bsd?

assuming you are running a native firefox build (and not
linux-firefox) you should have this file:

/usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so

that should happen when you install the package or port.  this is the
case with the diable-jre-1.5 package for sure.  also check the output
of about:plugins in your URL bar in firefox to see if it's getting
registered.

-pete

--
~~o0OO0o~~