Date:      Sat, 9 Jan 1999 10:50:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Bryan Seitz <phiber@udel.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD Celeron and Celeron ( Mendocino ) kernel patch.

<<On Fri, 08 Jan 1999 20:06:09 -0500, Bryan Seitz <phiber@udel.edu> said:

> Hi, I was messing around with a new machine the other day when I decided to
> install
> FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT.  I've got a celeron 300a in it running at 450Mhz.  Since

I don't believe it is useful to make any distinction between different
flavors of Pentium II, since they all (for the time being) share the
exact instruction-set architecture and feature set.  Just because
Intel's marketing department wants you to believe something, doesn't
mean it's true.

-GAWollman