Date:      Wed, 1 Sep 1999 20:25:00 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question on the web pages

On Wed 1999-09-01 (09:06), Warner Losh wrote:
> I have a question about how the web pages for the FreeBSD site are
> generated.  I'd like to add a more dynamic section which contains
> recent security fixes controlled by me and my security team.  How hard
> would that be to setup?

The web pages are generated via a somewhat-standard make-wielding
build, and posted on the site every day at 4am PST.

If that sort of granularity sounds about right, then adding this
content can probably best be achieved in the www tree.

You can generate the HTML code from sgml via sgmlnorm (like a large
number of the pages), or through some sort of script (the gallery).
There are plenty of examples in the www tree.

wosch's "Building the FreeBSD web pages" guide is at
http://www.freebsd.org/~wosch/papers/webbuild.html, if that helps.

If the granularity isn't quite what you're looking for, then some
form of CGI script is probably in order.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner
nbm@rucus.ru.ac.za