Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2002 19:43:40 +0100 (CET)
From:      francis.gudin@libertysurf.fr
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re-init of lpt's driver is possible ?

Hello there,

First of all : my apologies for the words i'll use... i'm in love with FreeBSD
for 8 months only.
I've got a somewhat unusual need : i'd like to trigger the init code from
/dev/lpt*'s driver, while running multi-user. Let me explain : lazyless makes me
not seeking for one of these power cables, so i've got to switch between my CRT
and the printer during boot-time. Not smart :(
I tried and had a look at kernel's init sequence, but my C lessons are now far
away, and hacking into FBSD's internals isn't so easy to me. So, i'd appreciate
your suggestions about it : is there a signal i could send the kernel to force
it redetecting my hardware (well, only the lpt subroutines) ? Maybe there's a
function i could call, or something else ?

Thank you very much,

Francis.