Date:      29 Oct 2001 21:03:05 -0600
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?V=EDctor?= Manuel =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=E1quez?= Leal <ceyusa@coral.com.mx>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   bridge+nat

Hi!

Where I work, we installed a wireless network (802.11), but my boss
asked me to control the bandwidth consumed by the costumers, and, in the
other hand, we wanted to give them routable IPs.  So I installed
FreeBSD, put it as a bridge and control de bandwidth with DUMMYNET.

But now, we run out of IP numbers. My boss wants to NAT some customers,
but keep with their routable IPs some other customers, all this under
the same access point.

So now I've to NAT some unregistered IPs and bridge the rest, in the
same computer.  I've tryed some configuration but when I get the NAT,
the kernel starts to send me this messages:

bdg_forward: No rules match, so dropping packet!

And the custumers with routable IP stops to receive packets (this occurs
slowly).

My first question is: Is it possible to do this?
If it's, How I can tell to the ipfw which packets divert and which
let'em go in the firewall stack?

Thanks

Vale
Ceyusa