Date:      Thu, 01 Jun 2000 21:47:10 -0400
From:      "Scott I. Remick" <scott@computeralt.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ports 1077 and 50419?

I just watched a crapload of traffic occur between a dialup user and our
FreeBSD box.  Traffic was TCP between the dialup's port 1077 and the
FreeBSD box's port 50419.  Most of the traffic was from the FreeBSD box to
the client and it pretty much flooded the connection.  Eventually it stopped.

I did some looking around and couldn't find anything that would use those
ports.  The closest was the fake "bosniffer" which is really BO in
disguise, but from reading the way it works, this wasn't it
<http://www.netspy.net/sniff.html>.

I was about to blindly block those ports for lack of any other solution,
but then the traffic stopped.  So I'll check with you guys first.  Any
thoughts?