Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 1996 21:56:50 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        Chien-Ta Lee <jdli@linux.csie.nctu.edu.tw>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD current is STABLE !! :)

>	Hi :
>
>	I am running FreeBSD-current (make world at 1996/01/10), and it IS
>	very stable with X running more than 3 days.
>
>	Thanks for Justin's new 2940 driver and other's work.
>
>	(To Justin: I defined QUEUE_FULL_SUPPORTED, and it seems to be
>	 ok for 3 days, any change for me to test ?!  like change the
>	 QUEUE_FULL_SUPPORTED from 2 to more  ?)

You can bump it up (I wouldn't go above 8 since there are only 16 SCBs
on a 2940), but if you get a QUEUE_FULL message from a target, the
behavior is undefined (ie I haven't implemented it yet since I want
to do it at the generic SCSI layer).  Most modern drives have queue
depths in excess of 16 transactions (64 being the norm).
--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations