Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 1998 14:36:18 -0500
From:      Iain Campbell <camp065@ibm.net>
To:        John Goerzen <jgoerzen@alexanderwohl.complete.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New entry: pccard.conf

John Goerzen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a PCMCIA modem card made by Eiger.  Came free with the computer at
> OfficeMax.
>
> None of the existing entries matched it so I added my own.  The trick was
> that there was no real way to figure out the CSI values.  I ended up
> having to hack pccardd to display the possible CSI values.  From there, I
> just picked a few -- there was no real difference.  (What do these things
> do anyway?)  The CSI values were: 15, 23, 31, 39 (decimal).
>
> The card is identified as:
>
> Feb  8 11:33:20 alexanderwohl pccardd[43]: Card "PCMCIA  "("33.6K
> Fax/Modem  ")
> matched "PCMCIA*" ("33*")
>
> and my entry is:
>
> # Eiger 33.6 modem card
> card "PCMCIA*" "33*"
>         config  23 "sio2" any
>         reset   1000
>         insert  echo Eiger 33.6K modem inserted
>         remove  echo Eiger 33.6K modem removed
>
> Note that this modem apparently does not work unless the init string
> reccommended in the manual is used; namely, AT&F&C1&D2.
>
> John

Hmmmmmmm ...

OK, but what do I do when pccardd dies horribly and in
/var/log/messages I have this:

Feb  4 23:25:52 myname /kernel: zp: pcmcia slot 0: D-Link~DE-650~Ver
01.00~
Feb  4 23:25:52 myname /kernel: zp: pcmcia slot 1: U.S.
Robotics~XJ/CC1336~Megahertz 33.6kbps Modem~
Feb  4 23:25:52 myname /kernel: zp0 not found at 0x300

Methinks maybe I need a tweak to the old kernel (2.2.5 vanilla BTW) ??

Any ideas??

iain
--
Iain Campbell - Senior Associate

sandon associates 520 Second Street West Owen Sound  On
Tel (519) 371-6242 FAX (519) 371-4417 email iain@sandon.on.ca