Date:      Thu, 1 Jun 2000 22:28:03 -0400
From:      "Charles Peters - Tech Support" <support@tecpro.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tape Backup Software

I am in the process of selecting a tape backup software solution,
and was wondering what the advantage to BRU Personal Edition,
BRU Commercail Edition, both of which are avaliable from The
FreeBSD Mall, or something like Amanda Network Disk Archiver,
which is avaliable at not cost, in the ports collection.

I need to be able to back up several different FreeBSD servers to a
DAT drive on one particular server.  It is entirely possible that I may
be required to back up Novell Netware volumes or NT Server
Volumes.  The ability to back up client workstations (Windows
95/98/2000, Linux Clients, and FreeBSD Clients) would also be
nice.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Charles

Charles Peters