Date:      Sun, 3 Jul 2011 03:38:18 -0600
From:      PseudoCylon <moonlightakkiy@yahoo.ca>
To:        Matt <sendtomatt@gmail.com>, therion@ninth-art.de
Cc:        Gavin Atkinson <gavin@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: support for RT2860 card?

> Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 18:52:45 -0700
> From: Matt <sendtomatt@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: support for RT2860 card?
> To: therion@ninth-art.de
> Cc: Gavin Atkinson <gavin@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
>
> I've been working on the ral driver for rt2860 support. I posted a rough
> patch a week or so ago, I'm going to post a better version hopefully
> this weekend. In any case, run is USB only, ral is the correct driver.
> =A0I've been lagging on the patch, work & a new system to play took
> priority :).

Yes.
RT2860 =3D=3D PCI ral(4)
RT2870 =3D=3D USB run(4)

Actually, we have started re-porting OpenBSD's ral with rt2860/3090
support. But I think everyone got busy and the project was stalled.

I'm almost done adding HT support to run(4). Once I can confirm it
works fine in hostap mode, I can lend you hands. Descriptors and
registers are almost identical to each other. Though, I don't have the
device.

AK