Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 1999 01:52:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi Asami)
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   #anchors in .html handbook

Has something changed in the handbook's # anchor generation?  It
appears everything is now changed into uppercase.

For instance,

    <sect2 id="porting-motif">

in the .sgml file becomes

    <a name="PORTING-MOTIF">

in the .html files.  But the latter used to be "porting-motif".

Needless to say, this breaks a whole bunch of web pages that specify
sections in the handbook.  (I just found it out when I couldn't get to
the correct section in the handbook from my package building error
logs page.)

Whoever changed this, please fix it ASAP.  Thanks.

Satoshi