Date:      Thu, 25 Oct 2001 08:06:34 -0400
From:      "Oliver, Michael W." <oliver.michael@gargantuan.com>
To:        'Mark Lipham ' <marklipham@hotmail.com>, "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org '" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: NIC Dilemna

Mark,

I am using two FA-310's in my firewall, it is working like a champ.  I would
definitely NOT scrap this card in favor of a 3COM card.  IMHO, 3COM cards
are over-rated.  Anyway, check your BIOS to make sure that you don't have
something like 'PNP OS' selected.  You want the BIOS to allocate resources
for your OS (in this case).  That has helped me on more than one occasion.

HTH,

Michael