Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 1996 13:21:10 +0900 (JST)
From:      Naoki Hamada <nao@sbl.cl.nec.co.jp>
To:        amurai@spec.co.jp
Cc:        gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, j@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ethernet 3c579(EISA) is functional? (FIXED!)

Atsushi wrote:
>By the way, How can you get a technical manual ? I just ask to 3com for
>getting technical manual for 3C597(?) 100base TX...But no response yet.

See section 8.6 of Ethernet-HOWTO from Linux. There is a good
instruction which describes how to obtain technical documents from
3COM.

You can contact 3COM with WWW. See
http://infodeli.3com.com/infodeli/tools/3cfacts/3cfacts.htm and select
'new search database'. Search for 'Developer's Order Form' by keyward
'developer'. Select this form. 3COM sends you the form via FAX. Fill
out the form and send it back to 3COM. 3COM will send you a reference
in several days.

I purchased a 3C597-TX (10Base-T and 100Base-TX adapter for EISA bus)
last week, and asked 3COM for its technical reference. I am now
waiting for its arrival.

-nao