Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 2000 12:01:21 +0400 (MSK)
From:      Grigory Kljuchnikov <grn@ispras.ru>
To:        David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Freebsd vs. UPS

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, David Gilbert wrote:

> I've got a few of the Powerware... both RackMount and regular.  I've
> found them to be dependable and cost effective.  They come with
> software for Linux that I havn't been able to get running.

I've got a Powerware 5105 and have tried to install software from CDROM that
come with UPS for Solaris SPARC. This soft isn't work properly. But I've got
upgrage soft from www.powerware.com for LanSafe III v.4.15 for Linix, Solaris
SPARC and Solaris x86. I've tried to use it on all these systems and I was very
wonderfull, this soft was work fine. Now I use this soft on Solaris x86 and
Solaris SPARC systems.

Best regards,
Grigory Klyuchnikov
Institute for System Programming Russian Academy of Sciences,
109004, Moscow, Russia, B.Kommunistitcheskay, 25,
  phone(work):   +7-095-9125659
  fax:           +7-095-9121524
  e-mail:        <grn@ispras.ru>