Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2001 15:24:54 +0000
From:      John Levon <moz@compsoc.man.ac.uk>
To:        dochawk@psu.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: crash deleting in table

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 10:20:52AM -0500, dochawk@psu.edu wrote:

> > On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 03:22:56PM -0500, Richard E. Hawkins wrote:
> >
> > > Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> > > LyXText::init (this=0x8326000, bview=0x836fd00, reinit=false) at text2.C:95
> > > 95              setCursorIntern(bview, firstrow->par(), 0);
> > > (gdb) bt
> > > #0  LyXText::init (this=0x8326000, bview=0x836fd00, reinit=false) at text2.C:95
>
> > so firstrow is null or wrong. can you print out the value in gdb ?
>
> how do I do htat?

do "up" until you get to the right piece of code then :

print firstrow

> > it would also be useful if you described exactly what you did, plus the doc
> > you were working on or a smaller example ...
>
> The problem here is that these table problems are not fully
> reproducible.  I see lots of these, but many seem dependent upon what
> I've already done.  Thus when I go back and try to repeat, the same
> thing doesn't occur.
>
> One thing that does seem fairly consistent is that it's the second or
> later operation in the same table that is causing the crash (with
> operator meaning more than simply typing data-cut, paste, delete, table
> operations, etc.)

yes, they look cursor placement and re-init problems. it is unfortunate
they are unreproducable as this often makes it really hard for us to
see what bug is there ...

regards
john

--
"Of all manifestations of power, restraint impresses the most."
	- Thucydides