Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 2001 09:56:59 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        John Indra <john@naver.co.id>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Deletion of md5?

In the last episode (Jan 11), John Indra said:
> Just finished cvsup-ing latest port. I saw deletion of ALL md5 files
> from all ports. cvsup-ing from cvsup9.freebsd.org

It's the long-awaited ports repo cleanup!  In September, all the pkg/*
files were moved to pkg-*, files/md5 was moved to distinfo, and
patches/* was moved to files/*.  Yesterday, they removed the old files
from the CVS repository, freeing up 150MB and over 30000 inodes on
servers around the world :)

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com