Date:      Fri, 9 Jan 98 13:22:05 -0700
From:      "Sean J. Schluntz" <schluntz@pinpt.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Mac File system and FreeBSD

I'm getting ready to setup a laptop with FreeBSD and NT on it (I need NT
for some of the phone work I do) and I also need to be able to work with
long file names in a shared location for both.

I'm thinking of using a 500meg Mac formatted partition on the hard disk
as NT will be able to use it (With a tool I have) and I seem to recall
that FreeBSD can mount it.

My question is this, how reliable is the Mac File system mounting
capability of FreeBSD?  Can it stand up to everyday heavy use or should I
think of doing something else?

Thanks!

-Sean

Sean J. Schluntz                                    schluntz@pinpt.com
Systems Engineer                                   (408) 997-6900 x222
PinPoint Software Corporation                     http://www.pinpt.com