Date:      Thu, 05 Jan 2006 19:25:09 +0000
From:      Chris Whitehouse <chris@childeric.freeserve.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't build mplayer-skins: checksum missing error

>>>On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:
>>
>>I wish it were possible to just ship mplayer with the default
>>skin only, and leave the others in the mplayer-skins port; I
>>always have problems with this port and I never use anything
>>but the default.  But that's another issue.

Not the answer to your main question but I noticed this in mplayer's
Makefile the other day:

# WITHOUT_SKINS
# default: undefined
# removes the run dependency on the mplayer-skins port, _even if_ built with
# GUI. This is useful e.g. if you don't want the skins installed
system-wide.
# Please note that 'gmplayer' *must* have at least one default skin to run.

I guess it could go in /etc/make.conf if it's what you want.

Chris