Date:      Mon, 21 Jul 1997 15:10:44 -0700
From:      hai nguyen <hai@genesis4.sps.mot.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Device not configured when mounting a CD Rom device

Hello all,

 I have three problems that I need help on :

 1) First problem
 I am running FBSD version 3.0-970618.SNAP with SMP enabled and having a
problem mounting a SCSI CD Rom device as the system keeps saying "Device
not configured". This also happened when I try to mount a worm device.
 I did check the FAQ and yes my kernel has the option scsi_delay = 15
and the device worm0 at scbus?

 2) Second problem
 The system does not always boot successfully. It failed several times
before successfully booting up as I had to reboot the system each time.
When it failed to boot, it always failed after displaying the message
 Enabled INTs: 1,2,3,4,5,6,8,16,17,19
 and blah ! blah ! blah, something about general protection fault.

 3) Can only start X session once.
  If I shut down the X session and restarted it, the system will hang
completely and I had to reboot the system.
  The X version is 3.3.

 My hardware is shown below :

 Motherboard : TYAN 3D dual processors with 2 200Mhz Pentium and 64 Mb
of RAM
 1 Promise wide scsi controller
 STB 3D Velocity with 4Mb of RAM.
 Sony SCSI CD-ROM.
 HP CD writer 6020i.
 1 ISA NE2000 clone
 1 PCI NE2000 clone
 3 SCSI disks ( 1 internal and 2 external )
 The internal SCSI CD ROM is wired to the Adaptec controller.
 The CD writer is wired to the Promise card. The CD writer is an
internal model but I make it external

 Thanks in advance for any helps.