Date:      Sun, 05 May 2002 15:17:46 -0400
From:      Gary Stanley <gary@outloud.org>
To:        Patrick Thomas <root@utility.clubscholarship.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: what would cause a server to behave this way ?

I had that EXACT problem. I do not know the cause.

1.) Email Server
2.) Qpopper, Sendmail, the normal crap for a email server ;-)
3.) 2 times a day, or more, the server would be unresponsive.

Only solution I found, was a hard reboot. I can -not- track this problem
down, after going crazy over it, I moved my lusers back over to my
4.2-STABLE machine.