Date:      Fri, 18 May 2007 09:54:41 -0600
From:      "Andrew Falanga" <af300wsm@gmail.com>
To:        "Mikhail Goriachev" <mikhailg@webanoide.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problems upgrading a 6.0 install to 6.2-RELEASE-p4

On 5/18/07, Mikhail Goriachev <mikhailg@webanoide.org> wrote:
> Andrew Falanga wrote:
>

> You really must read the following (or at least skim through):
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html
>
> and
>
> /usr/src/Makefile
>

> All correct instructions are in there and you shouldn't skip any steps.
>
> mergemaster will take care of that audit group among other things.
>

> Regards,
> Mikhail.

Ok, I'm reading through the web link you sent.  I see in section
23.4.1 the steps are:

# make buildworld
# make buildkernel
# make installkernel
# reboot

<reboot to single user mode that is>

# mergemaster -p
# make installworld
# mergemaster
# reboot

I did these steps then, and I'm still getting the missing audit group
errors.  What is this audit group, what's its function, etc.?  Since
nothing of "world" has been installed yet, can I simply erase /usr/src
and replace with the 6.0-RELEASE cd's, which I have, and then do the
cvsup once again.  This time doing a mergemaster *before* I buildworld
and then installworld?

Andy

Andy