Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 2002 14:27:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      wes chow <wes@woahnelly.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pgp

I've been trying to set up gnupg.  I installed it from the ports
collection, and then ran "gpg --gen-key" and got through all of the
various menu options.  And then it started to generate the random bytes,
and asked me to "do some work to give the OS a chance to collect more
entropy".  It's been running for quite a while (and I've typed plenty of
characters), but it still hasn't finished (it's been going for close to 20
minutes).  This isn't normal, is it?

Wes