Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 1995 00:15:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Michael C. Newell" <mnewell@lupine.nsi.nasa.gov>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@cs.weber.edu>
Cc:        gibbs@freefall.cdrom.com, joe@via.net, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Headless/keyboardless booting...

On Mon, 24 Jul 1995, Terry Lambert wrote:

> I've seen eletrical keyboard simulation dongles that fix this problem.
>
> The expensive part of the keyboard is the key action and the case.

I've never seen one myself, but given the simplicity of the keyboard
electronics it certainly can't be that hard (or that expensive) to build
one.  If nothing else one could grab an old keyboard with damaged keys and
strip out just the electronics.  Still, I think that if you're planning on
setting up a headless system you should make sure it will boot without a
keyboard.  Having a chunk of electronics hanging off the back is kind of
tasteless.  :-)!!

Thanks,

Mike

|Mike Newell                           | The opinions expressed herein are  |
|NASA Science Internet Network Systems | my own, and do not necessarily     |
|Sterling Software, Inc.               | reflect those of the NSI program,  |
|MNewell@nsipo.nasa.gov                | Sterling Software, NASA, or anyone |
|+1-202-434-8954                       | else.                              |
|                  work: http://www.eco.nsi.nasa.gov/~mnewell               |
|                    home: http://www.newell.arlington.va.us                |