Date:      Thu, 24 May 2007 20:49:17 -0700
From:      Bill Campbell <freebsd@celestial.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: laser printer - which one?

On Thu, May 24, 2007, David Kelly wrote:

>On May 24, 2007, at 2:00 PM, Roland Smith wrote:
>
>>I've had good experiences with HP laserjets.
>
>Me too. But in my opinion HP now makes Good LaserJets, and Cheap
>LaserJets. Take your pick, they don't make exceptional LaserJets and
>sell them cheap.

I've been using an HP 4M+ with duplex since November 1995, and can't
complain.  Their quality may have slipped since then.

>Have been very happy with performance and operating costs of HP
>4000's, 5000N, and 8100N. Couldn't find one used for what my Brother
>HL-5250DN cost new, so I bought the Brother. Only problem has been
>the HP's would print envelopes better than the Brother.

I haven't found any printer that really works well with envelopes (unless
you count some Pitney Bowes printers that are designed specifically for
printing high volumes of flyers, envelopes and brochures).

>Have not been terribly happy with HP inkjets and my statement above
>is based on the apparent observation the HP inkjet crew has been
>designing lasers lately.

I have an HP Photosmart 7360 that I like, largely because I don't use it
very much, and it's designed so that it can through long periods of
inactivity without clogging the nozzles.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill@Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

``I don't care how little your country is, you got a right to run it like
you want to.  When the big nations quit meddling, then the world will have
peace.''
    Will Rogers